Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Beginning

September 2004 was both the most traumatic and the most wonderful month of my life. I had only been going out with my now husband since March and now he was gone. I knew when I started seeing him that he wanted to see Sydney and I wasn't going to hold him back. We were dearly in love and I knew if he came back to me it would be forever.

I already had a little boy from a previous "relationship" and we really wanted to give him a brother or sister. I know what you're thinking, we were insane but it was the right thing for us. I had been friends with the man for years and we were and are soul mates, lovers and best friends all rolled into one. We stopped using protection the previous Summer but nothing happened. But then he was gone, thousands and thousands of miles away and I creased over crying for weeks. It was the most horrible feeling, I had never felt such pain but there was no way I could have tried to keep him in Ireland. It was his dream. So I distracted myself with motherhood and work. At that time I worked as a Special Needs Assistant and loved it.

I suddenly felt different, it was a familiar feeling and I took that trip to the pharmacy. All my suspicions were confirmed... I was pregnant. I will never forget my utter over the top excitement. I rang him straight away and he joined me in the screaming and yelping. We just couldnt believe it. He was home in my arms after 5 weeks......my beau!!

No comments:

Post a Comment